[Tagging] Bridleway/hiking trail/bike track tags

Masi Master masi-master at gmx.de
Thu Jul 11 20:55:24 UTC 2013

Am 11.07.2013, 16:06 Uhr, schrieb fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com>:

> Am 10.07.2013 20:34, schrieb doug brown:
>>  I wish to map the trails in a state park, many of which are multiple
>> use horse trails, hiking trails, and mountain biking trails.  What
>> tagging scheme would be appropriate for these trails?
>
> I stopped using *ways as values and only use path with
> bicycle/foot/horse=(official/)designated/yes/no.

I think, it is nice to see for who the trail is made for! So I would
prefer bridleway & cycleway etc. (A minor problem is the
high-ranking/strict default-value (i mean "designated"), better it is only
*=yes)

You propose access-tags, but i think they only should used if there is a
access-sign or symbol!?

> everything else goes to extra tags:
>
> mtb:scale=*
> sac_scale=*