[Tagging] leisure=swimming_pool for the pool or the complex?

Gerhard Hermanns gerhard.hermanns at uni-due.de
Tue Jul 23 06:43:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

I don't agree with the use of the "landuse"-key.

Landuse should be used for larger areas where you need a (generic) term
for a conglomerate of objects (like "landuse=residential" for an area
with houses, garages, gardens, streets - each of which can also be
mapped seperately), but not for single objects like a pool.

Am 23.07.2013 05:23, schrieb John F. Eldredge:
> I am saying that the land_use tag makes sense for in-ground pools,
> since they greatly reduce the odds of the land subsequently being used
> for some other purpose.

In that case it would also be valid to use "landuse=building" or
something like that because the same argument holds here. I don't think
that the landuse-key should be used in such way. In short, I'm a bit
concerned about the increasing use of the landuse-key for everything
that covers a relatively small space, since the key is intended for
large areas.

Seoman