[Tagging] pastry and confectionery

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Fri Jun 7 19:42:43 UTC 2013

This sounds like a reasonable compromise.  Incidentally, I am an American and would not classify pastries and confections as the same thing, although one shop will sometimes sell both.  I would tend to think of a "bread shop" as a shop that sells bread, and perhaps other baked goods, but does not do its own baking.  Typically, these shops sell goods originating from a single industrial-scale bakery, and which have been returned by grocery stores after they did not sell, but which are still in good condition.