[Tagging] Photo links in OSM

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 14:00:03 UTC 2013

On 12/giu/2013, at 15:28, Zecke <zeck at saeuferleber.de> wrote:

>> i'm not at all enthusiastic about having a variable value like that
>> as a key
> Well, I understand your concern. I would much prefer a lifecycle relation or even a data model supporting key-value lists as a valid value.
>
> I also see much resistance to historic data in OSM (not only here, also in forum discussions - it's not at all my opinion). What I do not understand is, why is 3D widely accepted? It even relies on a wiki page, referred to as "4D"!!!
> ( http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:OSM-4D ). So, historic data should have the same acceptance as 3D objects.

actually an image/photo is not data in the form we can use in osm other than displaying it to users, it is not machine readable in a way you could automatically extract the contained information about the depicted objects. 3D data (or 4D if you include the temporal aspect) is quite different to that, as it is basically the same data that we already collect, integrating the z-axis (and/or the past state of the world).

cheers,
Martin