[Tagging] informal helipads for emergency use

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 12:08:36 UTC 2013

2013/3/30 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>

> Something unverifiable on the ground. What you describe is just a contract
> between an organization and a landowner.

well, a contract is in many circumstances verifiable. You could also see an
actual helicopter land there in case of an emergency ;-)
On the other hand, most of the boundaries we have in OSM are not more
verifiable than this data. IMHO "verifiable on the ground" should be
interpreted as "verifiable", e.g. if a road has a certain name, but the
signs on the spot have a spelling error: in this case the name of the osm
element should be the actual name as verifiable in the city archives, and
not the misspelled name on the sign (or put both variants in OSM, and a
note, but do put the actual correctly spelled name as well, even if it
doesn't result from on the ground survey).

cheers,
Martin