[Tagging] informal helipads for emergency use

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 11:55:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> I think Richard's use of "informal" may be confusing.   These places are
> not constructed to helipad standards.  But they are designated in
> writing and shared between the local Fire Department/etc. and the
> medevac service.

Something unverifiable on the ground. What you describe is just a contract
between an organization and a landowner. And who will need this information
excepted the organization and the landowner ? It's not because an
information is available that it has to go into OSM.
But I see a similar issue about "informal" car parks. In the countryside,
you can park your car potentially everywhere when it's not forbidden. It is
not a reason to tag such places with "amenity=parking".

Pieren