[Tagging] Feature proposal - Power transmission refinement - Rejected

Martin Koppenhöfer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 22:12:56 UTC 2013

Am 01.11.2013 um 19:08 schrieb François Lacombe <francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu>:

> And if we work on voltage description, we should prevent us from using values with implicit voltage thresholds, like minor_line vs line.
> IMHO here is a good reason to deprecate minor_line (and minor_cable, minor_underground_cable...) : voltage threshold isn't well defined and for now everyone is free to choose the value he want which is not a good way to map, especially for render considerations.

For most mappers, including myself, a distinction between big and small can be done easily for most cases and is in general helpful for rendering. If you are not interested in this (maybe sometimes arbitrary) distinction, you could look only at the voltage tag and treat minor_line and line the same, you don't have to "deprecate" common tagging rules to do it, and deprecation of minor_line won't magically make voltage information turn up.

Cheers,
Martin