[Tagging] Feature proposal - Power transmission refinement - Rejected

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Fri Nov 1 23:21:12 UTC 2013

The point is to know what means "big" and "small".

In France, I can easily show you an apparently small line, with wooden
poles... which carries 63 kV or 42 kV.
The small line will actually be a pretty big one, for transmission of power
instead of distribution.

Using power=line for both big and small won't make mappers make mistakes.
They won't have to choose between 2 values when they can't have any clue of
what the voltage really is.
Voltage information can be brought by another people which is knowledgeable
about voltage.

I currently clean up networks by looking to ITO world maps.
Lines without voltage are shown in grey at all levels instead of other
lines which don't always appear.
It's easy to see where I can go mapping and I prefer a line well mapped but
with no voltage than a incomplete one with wrong minor_line.

That's my point and I think it's a practical benefit, especially for
mappers.

And why are we keeping minor_line alone without major_line,
small_major_line, pretty_small_minor_line_with_big_poles_of_the_death ?

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com