[Tagging] opening-hours: how to code "always but..."? Syntax diagram.
A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 18:22:43 UTC 2013
Following my message that my Simplified Opening Hours syntax diagram
is needed for taggers to achieve 95% of such tags correctly in a
reasonable time and, most of all, that data consumers understand what
they tagged, I have simplified even more and added a clear description
I have some remarks about the modification to this footnote:
if all ranges are followed by "off", an initial "always" period is
assumed. *(Not true for any implementation that I know of. --
* It seems to confuse specification and discussion page.
* It would be more interesting to say what is true instead of what is
* "implementations": not clear: implementations of what?
* must the tagger follow unspecified "implementations" or this
* it's the fifth different opinion I hear about this essential matter
and a simple tag
* in consequence, as there was no clear specification, I followed the
"most probable advice" *Fr 14:00-22:00 off* which both seemed to
make sense and is what is written on the sign plate
* But, after more than 15 days, not a reasonable time for a simple
tag, I am still uncertain
* I think that the data consumer programs such as Osmand must be as
puzzled as the taggers
For the success of Opening Hours (and OSM), I recommend clear
specifications and my corrected diagram which is something that should
be followed step by step, avoiding searching a needle in a haystack.
I am waiting for an announcement of a correct Opening Hours page to put
my tags right definitely; I won't change them on each different personal
opinion any more.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging