[Tagging] Proposal - voting finished - man_made=lamp

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 12:35:35 UTC 2013

2013/11/26 Dan S <danstowell+osm at gmail.com>

> I agree strongly. In this case, with an almost perfectly inconclusive
> result, I would say it is unfair to stamp the proposal as "rejected"
> since there was not a majority no-vote;

actually this is how things are (and were) done nonetheless. There are lots
of proposals that got rejected with zero no-votes, just because they hadn't
gotten enough yes votes. The rules state that you need an absolute majority
of "yes" for the approval. If a proposal gets rejected in a voting, this
doesn't mean you cannot repropose it (indeed this is what is done here for
the second time).

> but equally wrong to stamp it
> as "sort-of-accepted" (these are the two main positions in this thread
> so far!). The message from the voters is clear: maybe, but not in this
> exact form.

+1, usually if there are a lot of "no"-votes there is something wrong, even
if there is a majority of "yes"-votes.

cheers,
Martin