[Tagging] Wind turbines: big and small

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 17:33:47 UTC 2013

Dana ponedjeljak, 7. listopada 2013., korisnik fly<
danstowell+osm at gmail.com>>

>>     (This
>>     implies that tagging the height could be a solution... might be a bit
>>     tricky to get correct height data though...)
>>

>> What if the wind turbine is on the roof of a building
>> <https://www.google.hr/search?q=wind+turbine+on+the+roof>? That would
>> still be high (because we tag height from the ground, not just the
>> height of the wind turbine). Actually, all small wind turbines are
>> usually high <https://www.google.hr/search?q=small+wind+turbine>.
>
> Please note, we have ele=* for elevation (ground level) and height=*
> (height of the object). So tagging a turbine on the roof you would have
> ele="elevation of building + height of building" and height would be
> little more than the diametre I guess.

Wiki says "ele" is height of "ground" above sea level, and "height" is
height of the highest point of an object above ground. But there is
"min_height" for height of lowest point of an object above ground.

See here: http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/File:Minlevel.svg

Janko