[Tagging] Usefulness of bicycle=dismount on ways

Stefan Tiran stefan.tiran at student.tugraz.at
Mon Oct 7 20:37:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

fly wrote:
> Hey
>
> I wonder if it is useful to tag bicycle=dismount on ways.
>
> At least in Germany there is no official traffic sign despite of the
> existence of some.

Every time I see such a sign, I get very angry about the fucking moron,
who was responsible for this bullshit. Of course, it is in no way
acceptable to let people dismount their bikes. Bicycles are not toys,
they are vehicles of their own right.

That's way I also don't think it is acceptable for a routing service to
suggest a route for a bicycle where one can't use it the way it is
supposed to be.

Yours,
Stefan