[Tagging] Usefulness of bicycle=dismount on ways

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 07:37:56 UTC 2013

In my part of Italy - I don't know whether this is correct for the entire
country - it is *normal *on cycleways that run parallel to roads that at
every point where there is a lateral road, there is a *pedestrian* crossing
across the lateral road where the cyclists are requested by law to
dismount. Obviously we are in Italy, and no cyclist does dismount. But I am
now locally inserting bicycle=dismount on all pedestrian crossings of this
type. We also have crossings where cyclists can cross on their bikes, but
their number is much smaller.