[Tagging] Call for more feedbacks about "emergency=aed" or "emergency=defibrillator"

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sat Oct 12 18:37:58 UTC 2013

> From what I've seen in different pictures is that the label "AED" is

>  > never alone and you can read the word "defibrillator" translated into
> > the local language for obvious reasons. I'm happy to see that in some
> > countries, everybody knows what AED means... just think about the
> > other countries.
>

>From what I've seen, not in pictures, but in the real world, AED branding
predominates.  The word "defibrillator", when present,
is far smaller.  I don't doubt there are people who know them as AED's
without having the ability to pronounce or spell "defibrillator".

There's a worldwide effort to adopt a single icon, and term, for these
things.

> How shall we tag a vending machine with an AED storage compartment?

Convention would be
  aed=yes
Much like
  amenity=toilets
  drinking_water=yes

But here I'd rather doubt there are enough of them to gain rendering
traction.  I'd make it two separate nodes.

-----

Another question is how to mark (and render) AED's that are locked.  Unless
you have the code,
or a crowbar, those might as well be disused: or not present.