[Tagging] tag proposal for soft play centres

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 13:38:13 UTC 2013

2013/10/23 Dominic Hosler <dominichosler at gmail.com>

> Hi Chaos,
>
> I have just added clarification as to the distinction between soft
> play and playgrounds. I agree that if there was an old fashioned
> merry-go-round inside a building then it wouldn't be soft play, and
> would be called and tagged differently. For example, with a
> leisure=playground and indoor=yes set of tags.

yes
it could be an alternative to your proposal to see this as a kind of
playground, and use a subtype (e.g. playground:type=soft_play) but the fact
that they are all indoors, are all soft play and require all to pay an
entrance fee IMHO confirms your choice for a new main tag, as the average
playground is usually the opposite for these characteristics.

cheers,
Martin