[Tagging] Proposal for new tag: landuse=plot

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 18 10:20:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:37:01PM +0100, Lukas Hornby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For your consideration, please read and comment on my proposal to improve
> the way that allotments, particularly plots on allotments are tagged.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dplot

My initial reaction is that landuse=allotments is clear and immediately
understandable, but landuse=plot is not. One might wonder whether this
is USA usage, or a building plot or ... .

What about a subtag? Or maybe allotments becomes a relation with plot as
a role?

Removing an existing tag (allotments) from am initial survey and then
adding multiple plots on a later more detailed survey makes me
uncomfortable.

Just an initial reaction: I haven't given this more than a minute or two
of thought...

ael