[Tagging] How to overcome lack of consensus

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 12:41:26 UTC 2013

2013/9/19 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> is it?

I don't know, and nobody does because we don't have an ontology. If someone
asks me, then yes, fastfood is a restaurant. If someone asks you, than a
restaurant means "slow food".

If we decide it's "slow food" we don't put them one over the other. If we
decide otherwise, we do. But I have a feeling we have to put clear
boundaries for data consumers to use our data more efficient.

We could also put geographic administrative boundaries in the equation, and
say "amenity=restaurant is one thing in Germany, and other in China".

Janko