[Tagging] Ticket for JOSM to read contact metadata closed

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Wed Apr 2 17:37:43 UTC 2014

On 02.04.2014 19:25, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> (...) I don't understand the reason given:
>
>    This format seems not to be used much.
>    Too much work for too little gain.
>
> not least since I specifically referred to "an hCard microformat or
> some other contact metadata".
>
> Was I unclear in my proposal?

I don't think you were unclear. The response probably refers to the fact
that, unfortunately, very few business websites offer contact data in a
machine-readable format.

Therefore such a feature could only be used very rarely, making it hard
to justify the implementation effort.

However, all hope is not lost: This functionality would be ideal for a
JOSM plugin. And it's not unheard of that popular plugins later make it
into JOSM itself.