[Tagging] Utility tag values replacement

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Apr 7 16:57:23 UTC 2014

Hi

> What about man_made=pole/mast/tower ?

It was discussed month ago on this mailing-list and it was a pain to get it
adopted, and then failed.
We do have power=tower and power=pole, I'll let the one who will try to map
telephone and CATV to get the consensus on multi-utility tower/pole.

Maybe it will be me, but I currently don't have time to spend on it.

I do not mind if you retag the "real" power facilities but think it is
> enough to simply add your tags and leave the rest as utility=* does not
> interfere with power=* .

At first sight yes, but each case is an example for new contributors and
what will they choose if both tags are on the object ?
There are no compatibility issues regarding < 1000 objects.

It won't be the same when 10000k of them would have been added.

My point is most of power=* values have been adopted and everyone get the
occasion to give its opinion where utility=* doesn't.

> Please always try to get in contact with the original editor.
>
> We had a discussion about how to tag telephone cable some month ago, do
> you remember ? Maybe someone tries to better group these kind of
> infrastructure.

I'll ask him, indeed.

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com