[Tagging] include smoothness=* in JOSM presets?

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 02:11:37 UTC 2014

I also agree with Mateusz. I would like to see use of the smoothness tag
become more universal so building it into a JOSM preset sounds like a good
idea.

However, as others have said, the topic has had much discussion but little
agreement on exactly how to determine the value. A highway that has
"excellent" smoothness for automobiles may be not so smooth for a
bicyclist. It is a subjective tag and there's no getting around that fact
therefore you can expect some criticism for this addition.

Cheers,
Dave

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 7:31 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> > Il giorno 30/ago/2014, alle ore 14:46, Andy Mabbett <
> andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> ha scritto:
> >
> > I doubt three mappers would
> > always agree on which to use for a given place.
>

> I think complete agreement is not necessary, it would be sufficient if it
> were +-1, similar to road classification with the highway key

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand