[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 63, Issue 49
ulamm.brem at t-online.de
Thu Dec 18 14:04:56 UTC 2014
Am 18.12.2014 um 05:04 schrieb tagging-request at openstreetmap.org:
> On 11/08/2014 04:47 PM, Pee Wee wrote:
>> We are writing to you for advice on what steps we should or could take
>> next. The situation is best summarized as:
> After some consideration I have today asked user ulamm to refrain from
> making any edits to wiki pages unless he has first proposed the edit on
> the matching talk page and found broad support.
> Any edit activity not conforming to this rule will lead to an account ban.
> Data Working Group does not usually get involved in wiki edit wars but
> in this case the wiki edit war has a direct connection to disputed edits
> going on in our database,
Everybody shall know that I've asked for your moderation several times this year, myself.
Unfortunately, your citation of PeeWee's mail does not tell, who really had complained of which of my edits.
• Most of them were not at all inovative, but the elimination of errors (shared lane vs. suggestiestrook vs. Schutzstreifen) and the conversion of the DE-articles on bicycle featuires from a labyrinth of partliy contradicting guidelines into a consistant manual.
• An important subject was the explanation of what kinds of cycling facilities exist in reality. If people have wrong ideas on them they cannot map them correctly.
• Before started to edit in Wiki articles, I had edited in talks.
• With my main edits, I've invited everybody to improve them, such as [[DE_talk:Bicycle/Radverkehrsanlagen_kartieren#Gründe für meine Überarbeitung]]
• On PeeWee32 favourite subject, the tag bicycle=sidepath, I had constrictive discussions with him, Mateusz Konieczny and Jgpacker between 12:09, 8 October 2014 and 08:48, 18 November 2014
•• Before my edtis on that article, part of the illustrations were misleading, as most German optional cycletracks have no sign at all, and bicycle=no as a counterpart of bicycle=use sidepath affords a photo of a discriminative cycling ban, not of a pedestrian zone.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging