[Tagging] Replying to raw digests considered harmful

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Dec 28 01:04:14 UTC 2014

Could you please consider either subscribing to the nondigested version of
the mailing list <https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging> or use
procmail to split each digest into it's constituent messages
<http://pm-doc.sourceforge.net/doc/#splitting_digest>?  Replying to the
emails containing the digested mbox breaks threading by not preserving the
In-Reply-To or Subject headers and makes everyone else's mailboxes harder
to manage (particularly for folks filtering by thread; most folks are
likely to filter anything with "digest" in the subject straight to trash or
mute it without reading).