[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - leisure=fitness_centre

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Dec 28 19:01:25 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de> wrote:

> Because that's my issue when having leisure=sports_centre + sport=rowing
>> as tag for your usual commercial gym.
>>

> Oops. I mean sport=fitness
>
> (So a rowing club would be fine with leisure=sports_centre +
> sport=rowing,fitness)

Are you suggesting that a typical fitness centre would be tagged as
leisure=fitness_centre. But if it is located in a sports_centre, it would
have a different tag? Wouldn't that approach lead to some confusion? Why
not just tag any fitness facility within a sports_centre as
leisure=fitness_centre. Water fountains, benches, parking, etc. aren't
tagged any different just because they are located inside a sports centre.

I like the original proposal leisure=fitness_centre. It would work no
matter where it is located.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle