[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 63, Issue 83

Ulrich Lamm ulamm.brem at t-online.de
Sun Dec 28 21:27:52 UTC 2014

Am 28.12.2014 um 20:42 schrieb tagging-request at openstreetmap.org:

> From: Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at gmail.com>
> To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools"
> 	<tagging at openstreetmap.org>
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Shared foot- and cycletracks
>
> Please, stop proposing tags conflicting with widely used ones.
Since 2008/2008, there is a coexistence
of "highway=footway" with "highway=path" + "foot=designated"
and of "highway=cycleway" with "highway=path" + "bicycle=designated".
Why not also a coexistence
of "highway=foot_cycleway" with "highway=path" + "foot=designated" + "bicycle=designated".

I think, we have to map many features, but the simpler the lists of tags we produce that way, the better and the easier is our mapping.

> Also, your example with Poland is incorrect (pedestrians have priority over
> cyclists).
The regulation I know from Germany is that the cyclists mustn't urge the pedestrians, but the pedestrians have to let the cyclists pass.
It is the same regulation as between cars and cyclists on a shared lane in USA or Canada
(see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_lane_marking
and the linked sources:
http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/htm/2009/part9/part9c.htm (Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, 2009 Edition Chapter 9C. Markings)→ scroll to "Section 9C.07 Shared Lane Marking
http://www.thunderbay.ca/Assets/Living/Active+Transportation/docs/Bike+Lanes+Shared+Lanes+Pamphlet.pdf

Except of the right of the pedestrians to use the whole track and to go two by two or three by three, that is even same relation like between cars and cyclists on normal streets.

If the regulation in Poland is different, please tell me.

(P.S. You might also explain matter with the two different layouts of  Polish sign C-13-16)