[Tagging] tag man_made=campanile to be replaced with man_made=belfry?

alessandro zardo bredyfox at yahoo.it
Fri Feb 7 13:28:36 UTC 2014

+1

Il Venerdì 7 Febbraio 2014 13:11, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> ha scritto:

The tag man_made=campanile
documented in the wiki (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dcampanile)
seems to be wrong as it refers to the swedish Klockstapel (https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klockstapel), which is completely
different from a "campanile" (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_tower; https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campanile)

As it's use is very limited  (less than 150) it could still be corrected.
The closest concept in English that I can think of is "belfry", so I would suggest man_made=belfry to replace man_made=campanile in the wiki for the Scandinavian "Klockstapel", "Klokkestabel", "Kellotapuli", "Klokkestøpul", for the German "Glockenstapel", and the Hungarian "Harangláb".

The normal tagging for an English "Belltower", Italian "campanile", or German "Glockenturm" should remain
man_made=tower + tower:type= bell_tower
(it's used more
then 5000 times).

Volker