[Tagging] How to tag a public works facility ?

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Wed Feb 19 11:37:46 UTC 2014

Pieren wrote:
> It's a small area with several buildings where the municipality is
> storing vehicles and the maintenance and repair services.

I've gone with "landuse=industrial, industrial=depot" for these in the past:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/254083705

(although arguably the "name" on that should actually be "operator")

> Someone
> suggests to use "amenity=public_building" but it's deprecated now in
> the wiki...

Whoever edited the wiki clearly failed to communicate with all the
editor authors since "amenity=public_building" is a default in P2 (not
that it's relevant in this case, since what you're describing isn't just
a building.

Cheers,

Andy