[Tagging] Pistemap proposal

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Tue Feb 25 22:37:23 UTC 2014

On 2/25/14 4:27 PM, Janko Mihelić wrote:
> I have a few objections about that proposal:
>
> landuse=winter_sports
> I don't like this way of confining a ski resort. First,
> landuse=winter_sports here is used to tag a ski resort. That can't be
> right, because a restaurant can be a part of a ski resort, and it isn't
> used for winter sports. Second, the areas are going to be arbitrary because
> ski resorts don't have explicit borders as far as I know.

many of the ski areas here in the northeast US work hard at coming up
with uses for their facilities during the summer. it's not good business to
let everything sit idle. so i agree on this point, landuse=winter_sports is
too confining and doesn't match up well with real world usage.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search