[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - drinkable

Vincent Pottier vpottier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 14:28:13 UTC 2014

Le 27/02/2014 07:18, Rudolf Martin a écrit :
> Hallo,
>
> the tag "drinkable=" is used more than 3000 times.
>
> Up today there is no clear definition about the values of this tag.
>
> I made a proposal with some possible values, according to some
> discussions in this mailinglist and some threads in the osm forum.
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/drinkable
>
> Feel free to discuss.
>
> Rudolf

What about drinking_water used also more than 3000 times ?
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/drinkable (~3300)
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/drinking_water (~3100)

It seems that today "drinkable=*" is on "standalone watering objects"
(fountains, springs...) and "drinking_water=*" is on other amenities or
objects (shelter, toilets...).

It seems also that the values should be the same.

And it seems that "drinking_water=*" would fit both "standalone" objects
and other objects, rather than "drinkable". What do you think of
amenity=toilets + drinkable=yes ? But in contrast, "amenity=fountain +
drinking_water=yes sounds good.

So I would be in favour of a single "drinking_water" tag having 6400
occurrences and a migration from "drinkable" to "drinking_water" tags.
It is easy to migrate softly the "drinkable" to drinking_water" by
duplicating the tags in a first time and make the first obsolete.
--
FrViPofm