[Tagging] Feature proposal - Voting - Gambling (reminder)

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 14:07:27 UTC 2014

Hi!

2014/1/9 fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com>

> .... and only use gambling, especially as
> it might collide with another value of amenity.

In my opinion we all really should start accepting that a key might have
more than one possible value. I don't see any problem in
amenity=pub;gambling .

-----
Ok, you don't like the semi-colon, so lets move gambling to a different key
- now we have amenity=pub + gambling=yes -> problem solved. Fine. Oh, wait
- there's a pub that's also a nightclub! amenity=pub;nightclub? No way, so
lets move nightclub to a different key - problem solved! Again. One moment:
this pub sells ice_cream! No problem, just move ice_cream to a different
key....
-----

See what I mean?

The sooner we start to accept multiple values the less problems we will
have in the future. <--- my opinion!

Best regards,
Martin