[Tagging] one-directinal bicycle dismount on oneway road ?

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 19 11:06:57 UTC 2014

I agree.

In the UK there is a difference between "no cycles" and "no cycling".
Although in general you may be correct that a dismounted cyclist is
effectively a pedestrian, there are also footways (or whatever you want
to call them) signed as "no cycles", which means that in these cases a
dismounted cyclist is not equivalent to a pedestrian.

If foot=yes (explicit or implied) implies bicycle=dismount which
corresponds to "no cycling", I would suggest that bicycle=no would then
mean "no cycles" i.e. not even if dismounted.

But watch out for talking about "what is legally allowed" as it varies
widely by country!

Colin