[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Enhancing natural=peak tag

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 16:50:36 UTC 2014

> I think tagging, documentation and rendering are somehow intertwined.
> That's why people are cheating. It's very tempting to have peak visible
> through natural=peak even if you know for sure it's not natural.

I think interpreting "natural" as in "mother nature" would narrow the
meaning of this key. I see it as a generic key for a topographic entity,
like a peak, a bay or a beach. If these are natural or made by mankind or
animals does not make any difference to me in the choice of the tag, i.e. I
would deliberately choose natural=peak for all kind of peaks and hilltops
regardless their (geological) history. If someone took off some stones from
a natural peak it would become a man made peak for you and you'd tag it
differently?

cheers,
Martin