[Tagging] "Relations are not categories" excepted for "type=network" ?

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:46:31 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having a look at it. It could of course be converted automatically.
> Since I have the scripts to walk through the hierarchy already.

Again, I'm not asking to delete them *right now*. I'm checking if the
proposal is "fair" and is not breaking the "relations are not
categories" principle. If no, I could modify the wiki and recommend
some solutions (like using query the appropriate tags on the
collection itself instead of creating a relation for that). Existing
relations could be modified along the way when people are contribution
around them.
@Frank I agree that the wiki should formalize the practice but not all
practices in OSM have to be followed.

Pieren