[Tagging] Fixing wrong opening_hours automatically

Robin `ypid` Schneider ypid23 at aol.de
Wed Mar 5 20:49:31 UTC 2014

On 05.03.2014 21:22, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 03/05/2014 07:15 PM, Robin `ypid` Schneider wrote:
>> I wanted to ask if that is OK with you as I will probably add more rules to the
>> script when I come across values which meet my requirements.
>
> I would suggest that, if at all, you only make these changes in Germany
> and not elsewhere, since much of the opening hours related discussion
> has really only seen German participation and I'm not sure if mappers
> elsewhere even agree with the way the Germans have decided to handle
> their opening hours tag.
>
> Bye
> Frederik

Couldn‘t we try to agree about a base of correction rules which apply world wide?

I mean the correction
'0930-0630' -> '09:30-06:30'*
seams quite straight forward and I guess if someone aware of the wiki page about
opening_hours will find such a value he/she will change it by hand anyway.
I assume that this will improve the data quality and will not lead to opposite.

* value unlikely for this facility: added fixme node:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2600853055/history

--
Live long and prosper
Robin Schneider