[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse=hop_garden

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Mar 6 07:39:28 UTC 2014

A rice field is a specialized field hat doesn't change . it is Landuse=farm crop=rice

An eggplant field has almost the exact same setup, though shorter, and it is landuse=farm crop=vegetable

the hop garden is visually distinctive, as is an orchard or a vineyard, and those do have their own landuse tags, so maybe it's because I've never seen (or up until now, never heard of) a hops garden.

But are there really so many hops gardens spread over the entire world to necessitate a separate landuse tag (and therefore a separate rendering)? the other landuses seem pretty universal and ell known, while hops garden (or eggplant trellis) seems to me region specific AND easily represented by other tags.

if we had to do it all over again, I'd go landuse=farm farm=orchard / rice_patty / field / hop_garden   crop = fuji_apple / japonica_rice / wheat / hops , etc

so we don't have to keep adding new base level landuse tags, jsut new "farm" types. - they all grow things, as opposed to industrial complexes or parks.

javbw