[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse=hop_garden

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 09:38:59 UTC 2014

> It is true that hop yard is a subset of farmland, but the same
>
> is true for meadow, pasture, vineyard, orchard, ... and they
>
> have their own more precise tags.

yes, they also have more detailed first-level tags that are indeed a subset
of farmland (pasture is even a subset of meadow which is a subset of
farmland). Can't recall that pasture was ever discussed as a main tag, and
it is used only 271 times, so I'd discourage usage of this as well.

> What benefit would we get if we will tag as farmland instead of hop yard?

you could have a more general view on the landuse without having to care
for the details (if you don't need or want to) and you could have the
details if you were interested in them.

cheers,
Martin