[Tagging] leisure=events

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 21:31:42 UTC 2014

> Am 09/mar/2014 um 22:04 schrieb Antônio Marcos <toni.oliv at gmail.com>:
>
> I've never heard of "fairground", but it seems to be a quite specific tag that could be substituted by or even inside the events area.

I understand fairground or maybe fair_grounds as word for the whole area, including service areas like toilets, bars etc.
Of course there can be also other events than fairs in such a place

maybe this word is out fashioned? In German this would be Festplatz or Messegelände according to the details, an example for the former is Theresienwiese in Munich:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theresienwiese

They call it an open_space
quite generic

cheers,