[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - site=piste relations

yvecai yvecai at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 16:11:02 UTC 2014

On 03/30/2014 05:03 PM, fly wrote:
> Do not like piste as value, as it is easily misunderstood and you do
> include other features. Better use winter_resort or similar. fly
Hi Fly,
I can  follow you on this, but personally I choose piste for the
following reasons:

    1) semanticaly in line with the so-called 'Pistemaps' namespace
    'piste:*='  and also with 'route=piste' routes.
    At least within OSM we have something consistent, and somebody
    willing to map winter sports will end up knowing what 'piste' means
    for us.
    2) ski/skiing is a bad choice, as resorts extends beyond ski
    practice only
    3) wintersports / winter_resort ... do it take a '-' , a '_' or
    nothing? wintersport or with an -s?

I don't know if it's common practise, but feel free to copy-paste the
proposal with another value, and add a link in both for cross-voting.
Someone emailed me with 'site=winter_sports'.

Yves