[Tagging] Dispute with user over changing wiki page

Pee Wee piewie32 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 18:20:01 UTC 2014

Thanks Micheal

I thought I just wait some days for other to reply but unfortunately no
more then yours.  The question we still have is : What can we do? I suppose
the DWG will only block when harm is done to the OSM database and not on
any wiki pages. Anyone else for a recommendation as to what we can do?

Cheers
PeeWee32

> Hi PeeWee32,
>
> Am 2014-11-08 um 16:47 schrieb Pee Wee:
> > We are writing to you for advice on what steps we should or could take
> > next. The situation is best summarized as:
> >

> > 1. A user is attempting to change, without consensus, the meaning of a
> tag
> > that was accepted through a proposal process. There are 2 changes that
> are
> > arguable: one is a considerable change and another is a recommendation to
> > add a redundant (but not wrong) tag;
> >
> > 2. Several attempts have been made to revert the page to it's original
> > state, without success;
> >
> > 3. Several times we have advised him to go to the tagging mailing list to
> > discuss these changes with more people, without success.
>
> My guess after reading the first sentence of your mail was right. There
> is no need to hide the name of this user. Its name is ulamm (Ulrich
> Lamm) from Bremen. He has long history of conflicts with other mappers
> in Bremen, Germany and Germany's eastern neighbours. Let me shortly
> summarize his conflicts:
>
> 1. name:de
> In June this year he tried to delete almost all name:de tags in areas
> which belonged to Germany before World War II. He said that OSM is full
> of nazis and only capitals of foreign countries should have German names
> in OSM. He also deleted other name:*=* tags in Poland and Czech
> Republic. His motivation was that name:de=* had a higher priority than
> name=* or int_name=* in rendering at openstreetmap.org.
> http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=25719
>
> 2. Bicycle Tagging
> This conflict exists especially in Bremen. I think you know the
> important topics of this conflict.
>
> In almost all topics his opinion is in difference to the opinion of OSM
> community. He is a mapping-for-the-renderer-mapper and you cannot
> discuss a topic with him.
>
> Both in case 1 and 2 he was reported to DWG several times. DWG told him
> that he will be blocked indefinitely if there is another conflict with
> other OSM contributors. I would like to see himself blocked. It would
> not be a loss for OSM community.
>
> Best regards
>
> Michael
>

> --
> Per E-Mail kommuniziere ich bevorzugt GPG-verschlüsselt.

Verbeter de wereld. Word mapper voor Openstreetmap
<http://www.openstreetmap.org>.