[Tagging] governmental / public_administrative landuse are not commercial

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 09:57:26 UTC 2014

> Il giorno 04/ott/2014, alle ore 06:58, johnw <johnw at mac.com> ha scritto:
>
> Usually the government services are monopolistic - courts, police, elected officials (there's only 1 mayor) tax offices, DMV, etc, whereas NGO s and non-profits are a business model to support some activity. thehospital could be run by a church, an NGO, or by the city, but it's still a hospital. A clinic. a pet hospital. maybe we need an amenity=homeless shelter?

for the latter there is a social facility scheme with subtags.

What landuse value do you suggest for NGOs?

We've had this same discussion some months ago. I think courts and government shouldn't necessarily be in the same landuse, while for police I agree.

I don't exactly get the meaning of "civic", can you expand on this, what it includes and excludes?

cheers,
Martin