[Tagging] Which entities use area=yes

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue Apr 7 16:39:01 UTC 2015

Hi

I thought it was required for platform as some were being drawn as a
single line & as OSM has no specific closed polygon entity, renderers
can't tell if it's an area to be filled or an extremely squiggly platform.

Ah, I forgot about aeroways. I'm surprised the conclusion was the width
tag. With locations that have aerial imagery it's much more accurate to
trace its width. Couldn't the renderers adapt to both? If it has area
then fill it, if it has width render it as such.

Cheers
Dave F.