[Tagging] Way inside riverbank

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Apr 18 16:32:49 UTC 2015

On 13.04.2015 15:06, Torstein Ingebrigtsen Bø wrote:
> I'm currently importing topological data of Norway to OSM. From the data
> set we have riverbanks; however, we do not have the deepest middle way
> as required by the wiki [1].

As the deepest middle way is hard to identify for regular mappers, I
would be surprised if many people considered that a strict prerequisite
for mapping rivers. So from my point of view, it would be acceptable for
your import to automatically generate the way from the riverbank area
and upload both the way and area. This is assuming you know the flow
direction, which I do consider important.