[Tagging] Tagging of pitches within a campsite

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue Apr 21 21:45:07 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> if thats the only thing you're interested in you can also tag
> ref=42
> highway=unclassified
> (on a node)
>  ;-)
> gives you even a bold font...

The fact that rendering on osm-carto is so far behind tagging *is* an issue.

But here I'm more concerned about routing than rendering.
What syntax makes the most sense for routing all the way to a pitch?
addr:housenumber is pretty clearly wrong.
But treating the campsite like a building, and the pitches like apartments,
makes a lot of logical sense.
And it scales well to how much is known:

0) leisure=camp_site,  drinking_water=no    (nothing is known about pitches)
1) capacity=100                                             (we know there
are 100 pitches, but not where they are)
2) addr:unit=1-50  addr:interpolation=all       (we know pitches 1-50 along
this road or area, but not exactly where)
3) addr:interpolation=odd addr:unit=1-49    (tagging one side of a road)
4) addr:unit=1                                               (here's the
center or entrance of pitch #1).
5) relation=site  addr:unit=1 contains bench/parking/sewer dump/picnic
table/gopher hole/tree/blades of grass  (micro mapping extraordinaire)