[Tagging] [Talk-GB] Wiki deprecation of an in-use feature

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Apr 29 04:34:02 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> ======================== Back on topic?
> The 'problem' looks to have come from incorrect wiki definition. So that
> is where to start, correctly define it, contact those who have been
> contributing to the wiki and check they agree with the 'new definition' ...
> once agreement is reached then proceed with status changes and map edits.

Yes, exactly.
The wiki page in question had a completely bogus definition.
I did try to correct the definition, but another user reverted the edit
saying that deprecated tags should not have a change in definition.
Aghghg.

---
The bigger point here is that the Wiki is not the mapping community, and
really should not present itself as such.  Those who marked this tag
deprecated are not the mappers who were (and still are!) using it.