[Tagging] Contact:* prefix

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Sun Aug 9 15:56:37 UTC 2015

>> >while in the addr:-namespace all keys are actually address components, this can be contested for the contact: namespace. A website for instance is not primarily a means of contact, sometimes it might not be suitable at all for contact purposes, but still there are generally good reasons to add website tags (further information and context).
> that is the exact point explaining why there is a need for contact:website.
> A website= is generally not a contact page but the homepage. Otoh contact:website=
> should contain a specific page for conatct, be it a contact form or perhaps
> a page listing all phone numbers.

But that is not how those tags are used!!!
How many of the people who tag contact: actually check if it is a
contact? How many tweet the comany and see if they get a reply? This
tagging is pretty much impossible to get right.

Overall I only see that this in some way might be usefull for phone and
email. But I think it's better to assume phone= is used for some basic
contact number and then use other tags like phone:emergency= or
phone:reception if we want to tag more.