[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Husainiya

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 00:12:13 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 22.08.2015 um 02:37 schrieb John Willis <johnw at mac.com>:
>
> We already define the religious buildings themselves through building=* and the POW through amenity, and the religion and denomination through their respective tags.

if those religious buildings have defined specific functions these should get a dedicated tag besides the building tag. Building =* is a tag about the building itself, not the use/function of it.

> Landuse=religious generically says "this is land used by a religious facility".

should the vatican museums get the landuse =religious tag? Saint Peter's square? Castel Gandolfo? How can I tell whether an amenity  nearby a POW and owned+operated by the church belongs to the POW, and when does the POW belong to the amenity without them being landuse=religious? Like you wrote, in certain contexts it will be normal to have "holy places" like chapels and shrines associated with other things.

cheers
Martin