[Tagging] Shop vs amenity

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 07:55:20 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 30.08.2015 um 01:27 schrieb John Willis <johnw at mac.com>:
>
> Why should the pattern for mapping industrial complexes be any different for residential? Civic/government? Schools? Hospitals? None of the buildings in any of those examples, when grouped together into a named complex, have the name of the complex - they are all named differently. There is no building named "factory" when they *all together* make a factory.
>
> A factory, an apartment complex, and a school are usually *a lot bigger* than their buildings.

indeed the buildings are just buildings (eventually with own names, start dates and other attributes) , it's not them to put the name for the "whole" complex on. But IMHO it's neither a landuse object, it's an object with a different tag that defines it. We still need a tag for gated communities? Fine, lets introduce one.

cheers
Martin