[Tagging] Swimming pools

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:57:08 UTC 2015

> leisure=water_park
> amenity=public_bath
> leisure=sports_centre
>
> I think these pretty much covers the range of swimming amenities -
> except maybe health oriented non-public things.

I guess most of the "public baths" are actually tagged as something else,
(leisure=swimming_pool probably). The amenity=public_bath tag is more a
kind of proposal (just 368 instances worldwide, no proposal, not rendered,
not widely known IMHO).

For reference, there is an extensive article on bathing in the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bathing
(no endorsement of this page, I haven't read it entirely)

Cheers,
Martin