[Tagging] Swimming pools

johnw johnw at mac.com
Sat Dec 19 05:40:47 UTC 2015

> On Dec 18, 2015, at 9:57 AM, Steve Doerr <doerr.stephen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> , I think these establishments did actually provide washing facilities for those, especially the urban poor, who didn't have bath-tubs in the home, and were provided as a public-health measure.

in rural areas, you often see people pull up in their farm truck. A lot of people go regularly to their local small tiny onsen regularly for bathing, though they could shower at home.

Going to an onsen gets you “cleaner” than you can at home, unless you really spend some time preparing different baths to go with your shower. You always feel different when you finish at an onsen over a normal shower and a quick 20m tub soak.

Javbw