[Tagging] courtyards

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 16:23:16 UTC 2015

> maybe building:part=courtyard would be a good tag semantic wise (but
> unlikely to be rendered on the main style)

+1

That's the first one that came to my mind. That is a part of the building.

When I was mapping manors I would put building=manor on the multipolygon,
and historic=manor + name=* on the outer way, precisely because I thought
that the courtyard was a part of the manor. In the same vein, courtyard is
in a way part of the building. If you remove the building, you effectively
remove the courtyard. I think this is a great solution that removes the
need to make multipolygons for buildings that have a courtyard.

Although I'm sure it will meet a lot of resistance.