[Tagging] Nominatim mysteries

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 23:19:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

Can anyone make sense out of this?
About:  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/Special_Phrases/FR
Two columns prepended to the table, second: Y=works, N=does not.
All OSM queries are appended with the place name "Dolembreux".
Seeing that #1 works, I add the alternate #2 and it doesn't.
Then I check "recycling Dolembreux" and it doesn't work.
But "recycling point Dolembreux" does work.
(OK, I see that phrase in the EN page, but...)
Now if I add #5, it does work but #3 and #4 don't.
Plus, all the prepositions in entries marked with "?" seem unnecessary.
The queries with or without them seem to return the same results;
And yet, the specification page
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/Special_Phrases> defines them.

Am I missing something?

André.

1
	Point de recyclage 	amenity 	recycling 	-
2
	Bulle à verre 	amenity 	recycling  	-
3
	Bulle 	amenity 	recycling point 	- 	N
4
	Bulle verre 	amenity 	recycling point 	- 	N
5
	Bulle à verre 	amenity 	recycling point 	- 	N
6
	Point de recyclage 	amenity 	recycling 	- 	N
7
	Points de recyclage 	amenity 	recycling 	- 	Y

	?
	Point de recyclage à 	amenity 	recycling 	in 	N

	?
	Points de recyclage à 	amenity 	recycling 	in 	Y

	?
	Point de recyclage en 	amenity 	recycling 	in 	N

	?
	Points de recyclage en 	amenity 	recycling 	in 	Y

	?
	Point de recyclage dans 	amenity 	recycling 	in 	N

	?
	Points de recyclage dans 	amenity 	recycling 	in 	Y

	?
	Point de recyclage près 	amenity 	recycling 	near 	N

	?
	Points de recyclage près 	amenity 	recycling 	near 	Y

	?
	Point de recyclage près de 	amenity 	recycling 	near 	N

	?
	Points de recyclage près de 	amenity 	recycling 	near 	Y

	?
	Point de recyclage proche 	amenity 	recycling 	near 	N

	?
	Points de recyclage proche 	amenity 	recycling 	near 	Y

	?
	Point de recyclage proche de 	amenity 	recycling 	near 	N

	?
	Points de recyclage proches de 	amenity 	recycling 	near 	Y